ARTIST STATEMENT





Artist Statement--Mason Springer 2018

As for me, I have always been one to love photography and I am always interested in exploring with the camera and seeing what types of pictures I am able to take.  Previously, before digital photo two, I did know some about photography because I took photo 1 and I would always take pictures on my own which I really enjoy doing because it helps me find my style.  Sometimes, when doing an assignment I found it hard to find things to photograph; I wanted my pictures to be unique as well as fitting it in with my style.  Doing that was difficult sometimes.  My favorite project was one of the choice projects and that is when I made it my style.  What was satisfying to me about these projects is that you can do whatever you want and make it what you like.  My favorite choice was when I took photos of vintage pieces and put my hand in front of the flash which gave it a red and edgy sort of tint.  Like I said before, my main standards for all my work was to make it my style I had no other requirements.  Most of the time I tried not to do my work the way others did theirs just because I wanted it to me my work and my ideas.  What this taught me about myself was that I can be very creative when I want to be which is always good to know.  When people notice my work, I'd hope they feel the emotion that I portray through my photos.  If someone else were looking at my art, they would know that I love the vintage look and vintage objects.  One thing I would like to improve on is taking photos of other people and balancing all of the light and focus to make it look good.  I would love to have a career of being a photographer for people so I definitely would like to improve on that.  One thing that I have seen in my classmate's art is how simple her photographs are.  They are bright, simple, yet still, give a lot of detail and thought to the image which is also what I would like to improve on as well.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GUARANTOR POWERS - SELF PORTRAIT TRIPTYCH