GUARANTOR POWERS - SELF PORTRAIT TRIPTYCH


This is my first Guarantor and it is an image of me looking pretty tired.  In this photo, I have my blanket over my head which my intent was to use this to show the viewers that I am tired: blanket=bed in a sense.  As for my facial expression, my eyes look heavy and I am resting my head on my hand as a place to, well, rest.  Lastly, the darkness in this photo brings out the darkness under my eyes and, along with my heavy eyes, it all shows how tired I really am.

This is the picture of what people think of me as: happy and looking like everything is simple.  Sure, I am happy but there is much more to me than just being happy.  That is why we chose to use these guarantors to reveal another side of us for other viewers to see.  My little smirk or smile whatever you want to call it is in a way "cute" meaning petite, and very light.  With the smile comes lifted eyes that show I am more awake, and lastly, the light hitting off my cheekbones as well as my tilted head kind of reveal in a way that I am calm and a simple person.  Although this all may be true, there is much more to me that being calm and happy.

 This is my last guarantor and it is here to portray the more fun side of me.  As I pull up my hair it shows a messy side of me which is definitely there in real life.  My squinted eyes show the viewers of the photo that I am silly, fun and not laid back.  I look very excited in this photo because that is also what I am like in real life.  The lighting in this photo does a great shop of showing a variety of shadow in my face.  That includes under the eyes, in the forehead and my jaw and cheekbones.  having the shadow gives depth, detail, and value into it that also represents the more fun side of my life.

Guarantor #1(top) is a picture of me portraying that I am tired and somewhat done with a lot of things.  This is a power in my life because with school, to me, I am always tired and can't help it.  Along with this, I am surrounded by a lot of people who also seem very tired and very done with a lot of things and because of that it also feeds off onto what I am like as well.

Guarantor #2 (bottom) controls my life in a humorous way.  I love to be funny and crazy around people I am close with and this picture just shows my personality and who I am.  A lot of my classmates and friends have outgoing personalities like me and that is why I chose this power.  I surround myself with fun people so I can be the best person I can be as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ARTIST STATEMENT