choice #3

Answer the following questions about your work:

1. What was your rationale for your choosing to photograph in the manner you did?
The reason why I chose to take the photos the way I did is because I enjoyed the way the red tint looked with the pictures I decided to take.  It gave off a vintage, old school, vibe which is what I like and what is pleasing to my eye.

2. What was challenging to you artistically about your project?
One thing I did that was artistically challenging what taking the picture with one hand while putting my hand in front of the flash to get that red tint effect that I have in front of all my pictures.  Another thing I did was change make the ISO higher so when the photo came out with more noise.  I think the noise of the photo also gives it the vintage/retro effect.

3. What was challenging to you technically about your project?
Technically it was challenging to make the picture clear but with noise at the same time.  Also, it was difficult to get the red tint on all the pictures to look similar but I managed to do it.

4. How would you change/improve/alter what you did if you were to do it again?
One way I would alter or improve my project is to find more variety of retro objects to go with my whole theme since I didn't have that many.  Maybe I could've driven around my neighborhood or around town to find other types of objects.  Another thing that I think would've been cool is instead of just putting my hand in front of the flash to get the red tint, to put other things of different colors in front of the flash to give a tint of different colors rather than just red.

Overall, this photo choice was probably my favorite because the aesthetic of these photos are right up my alley so enjoy:)




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ARTIST STATEMENT

GUARANTOR POWERS - SELF PORTRAIT TRIPTYCH